It's the trial of the century, as the denizens of the Alpha Quadrant learn of the choice Janeway had to make regarding Tuvix. What was once a difficult moral conundrum has now become fodder for replomat talk across the galaxy! So, was Janeway right?
Janeway Was... is a Hybrid Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, May 18, 2023. The first phase ends 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) on Saturday, May 20, 2023. The event ends 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Monday, May 22, 2023
The first phase functions as a Faction Event, with players completing shuttle missions for the Federation or Section 31. These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
The second phase is in the form of a Galaxy Event.
This event offers a Special Pack that has a guaranteed drop of event featured crew if you spend 650 on the 10-pack pull.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions and event recipes.
All characters below give a lesser bonus to faction missions and event recipes.
- Other variants of Maddox
- Other variants of Janeway
- Other crew with the Mylean trait
- Other crew with the Vulcan trait
There are 4 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
- Community (Threshold) Rewards can be obtained by communal Victory Points .
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
Janeway Was... Phase 1 ran from May 18 (12:00 ET) to May 20, 2023 (12:00 ET).
Janeway Was... Faction Missions
Janeway Was... Phase 2 ran from Saturday, May 20, 2023 16:00 UTC (12:00 EDT) until Monday May 22, 2023 16:00 UTC (12:00 EDT).
|Matters of Ethics||Gather information on ethical quandaries that may be raised.||Matters of Ethics|
Address Borg drones who are unhappy with being severed.
|Inspiring, Desperate (both)||
|Federation, Undercover Operative (both)||
|Maverick, Cyberneticist (both)||
|Energy and Light
Research medical and ethical data on energy lifeforms.
|Maverick, Interrogator (both)||
|Interrogator, Undercover Operative (both)||
|Tactician, Inspiring (both)||
|Joined at the Sternum
Review various cases involving treatment of joined Trill.
|Resourceful, Cyberneticist (both)||
|Cyberneticist, Human (both)||
|Made a Murderer
Study cases where crew accidentally kill alien lifeforms.
|Resourceful, Innovator (both)||
||Lie Detection Techniques|
|Inspiring, Maverick (both)||
|Resourceful, Interrogator (both)||
|This One is Legion
Gather information on Pandronian medical ethics.
|Innovator, Cyberneticist (both)||Bloodwine|
|Interrogator, Starfleet (both)||
|Resourceful, Undercover Operative (both)||
Debate the rights of parasitic lifeforms to feed on hosts.
|Starfleet, Maverick (both)||
|Cyberneticist, Inspiring (both)||
|Undercover Operative, Inspiring (both)||
|What is a Life
Tackle one of the universe's greatest quandaries.
|Desperate, Tactician (both)||
|Federation, Cyberneticist (both)||
|Interrogator, Maverick (both)||
'It’s time to put one of the greatest moral quandaries the galaxy has ever seen to rest! Was Janeway right for separating Tuvix? You be the judge! But know that more may hinge on this outcome than the end of a debate.' 
- Bruce Maddox: "Captain Janeway, of the Starfleet vessel USS Voyager, you are here today to stand trial for your actions on stardate 49678.4. Specifically, your decision to separate the entity Tuvix into the original entities Tuvok, Neelix, and the orchid that bound them. Do you understand?"
- Tearful Janeway: "With deepest respect to the court and to you, Commander, no. I do not. Make no mistake. The decision regarding Tuvix was not an easy one. But as captain, I did what I had to as captain. I do not see why we are revisiting this now."
- Tuvix: "Maybe for you, this matter is in the past, Captain Janeway. But I cannot accept that this could be how my story is supposed to end. What about my life, my existence? Perhaps the temporal anomaly crisis has brought me here for a reason. To hold you to account."
- Bruce Maddox: "Any decision reached in this matter could have far-reaching implications. Federation stances on everything from genetic engineering to Borg technology and parasites could require reevaluation. Captain, we could use your help investigating. Where do you fall on this matter?"
- Tearful Janeway: "I understand the court's concerns. But if I may...we were adrift in the Delta Quadrant for seven years. With no way to contact Starfleet or seek their insight. This is far from the only difficult decision I or my crew had to make. I had the lives of two crew members to consider."
- Tuvix: "What about my life, Captain Janeway? Did you ever really see me as a living being at all? Or just the sum of my parts? Tell me, if that's how you see me, then what about other species, like Pandronians, who are considered colonies."
- Choice A
- Captain: "This does raise a lot of questions, doesn't it?"
- Bruce Maddox: "It does, and a fair amount we have dodged for far too long. Still, the precedent that could be set here today...."
- Choice B
- Captain: "I believe Captain Janeway did the right thing, considering the circumstances."
- Tuvix: "So, do all Starfleet captains have a penchant for murder then!? Or do you just pick and choose what lifeforms are eligible to have the unwilling end of their existence by another deemed murder?"
- Choice C
- Captain: "What she did was essentially murder. Tuvix is a living being and she killed him."
- Tearful Janeway: "Then what of Neelix and Tuvok, Captain!? Their lives would have ended had I allowed Tuvix to remain! Could you have faced Tuvok's family had you left Tuvix in tact!?"
- Bruce Maddox: "It would seem this trial goes far beyond the question of Tuvix and opens up many more ethical issues than I first considered. I'd appreciate your help investigating this matter, Captain."
- Bruce Maddox: "Sorry to cut you out of the verdict after all you've done for us, Captain, but the Federation is concerned that making this decision public could cause chaos throughout the galaxy."
- Tuvix: "My one true desire is to build a future for myself. I believe the temporal anomaly crisis has given me that opportunity. Whatever happens, I merely wish to live."
- Tearful Janeway: "Of course. Whatever the decision is, I won't ask for your forgiveness. But I hope you know I truly am sorry things had to end the way they did back there."