In an effort to assist Captain Freeman with her second contact missions, Lwaxana Troi boards the Cerritos to plan a diplomatic dinner. But Ambassador Troi may not be the Cerritos' only uninvited guest!
Dramatic Relations was a Hybrid Event which ran from 12:00 PM EST (16:00 UTC) Thursday, October 20, 2022 to 12:00 PM EST (16:00 UTC) on Monday, October 24, 2022.
The first phase functions as a Faction Event, with players completing shuttle missions for the Federation, Bajoran and Terran Empire.
The second phase is in the form of a Galaxy Event.
This event offers a Special Pack that has a guaranteed drop of event featured crew if you spend 650 on the 10-pack pull.
Dramatic Relations is the third of four events in the Diplomat Mega-Event Second Contact.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions and event recipes.
- Crew with the Diplomat trait
There are 4 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
- Community (Threshold) Rewards can be obtained by communal Victory Points .
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
Phase 1, Faction Missions
Dramatic Relations Phase 1 ran from 12:00 PM EST (16:00 UTC) Thursday, October 20, 2022 to 12:00 PM EST (16:00 UTC) on Saturday October 22, 2022.
Dramatic Relations Faction Missions
Phase 2, Galaxy Missions
Dramatic Relations Phase 2 ran from Saturday, October 22, 2022 16:00 UTC (12:00 ET) to Monday, October 24, 2022 16:00 UTC (12:00 ET).
|Diplomat Dinner||Host the party while keeping everyone safe and happy.||Dinner|
Provide the entity and his people with an apology.
|Diplomat, Merchant (both)||
|Ambassador, Romantic (both)||
|Telepath, Civilian (both)||
Get the entity's people the things they need.
|Empath, Communicator (both)||
|Ambassador, Betazoid (both)||
|Andorian, Artist (both)||
Allow entities to craft avatars while securing the holodeck.
|Civilian, Communicator (both)||
|Communicator, Doopler (both)||
|Desperate, Kwejian (both)||
Craft security protocols aimed at non-corporeal entities.
|Athlete, Starfleet (both)||
|Inspiring, Civilian (both)||
Up security to ensure safety of crew and guest alike.
|Federation, Clone (both)||Bloodwine|
|Desperate, Clone (both)||
|Andorian, Federation (both)||
Introduce the entity to other diplomats.
|Athlete, Resourceful (both)||
|Federation, Empath (both)||
|Desperate, Merchant (both)||
|Pulling It Together
Rally the crew to host the dinner.
|Romantic, Diplomat (both)||
|Artist, Resourceful (both)||
|Betazoid, Diplomat (both)||
Hearing of the Cerritos’ efforts, Lwaxana Troi decides to “offer” her help. The result is an attempt to speed up the second contact missions, culminating in a diplomatic dinner to be held aboard the Cerritos. But a strange phenomena working its way through the ship could spell disaster for these nascent diplomatic relations. 
- Captain Carol Freeman: "Honestly, Ambassador, you don't need to trouble yourself, we're just fine making individual second contact with each species. Besides, the Cerritos really isn't equipped to host something on this scale."
- Festive Lwaxana Troi: "Nonsense, Carol. You'll see, I throw the best parties on all of Betazed. Why, at one event, we had a group of Rigelians, and if you know Rigelians, they--"
- Jen Sh'reyan: "I'm with Captain Freeman. And no, it's notjust because of the difficulty of hosting. We've been having a lot of strange occurrences. Equipment malfunctions, crew insisting they saw strangers in places no one should be - do we really want a bunch of diplomats here for all that?"
- Doopler Emissary: "I love a good party. Especially the food. But, now that you mention it, I have been seeing someone who looks like my ex following me around the ship. Just thinking about it is making me anxious...!"
- Breakthrough Booker: "Lwaxana...have you truly forgotten me? Our first meeting on Rigel V wasn't that long ago. I know I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since that day...how much you..."
- Festive Lwaxana Troi: "Oh no, not this again. Listen, I told you, I have a strict policy against dating non-corporeal entities these days, ever since that weekend on Risa last year. And for you to follow me all the way here and possess this young man...!"
- Breakthrough Booker: "l have been trying to get your attention since I detected your arrival on this vessel. I tried everything I could think of - holograms, mirrors, lights, even text. Then this young man appeared...l was sure that, through him, I could finally convince you to come back to me!"
- Choice A:
- Captain: "Stalking a diplomat across the galaxy reflects poorly on you as a delegate."
- Breakthrough Booker: "You should turn your indignation on your ambassador. As hurtful as her rejection was, it was the disparaging way she spoke of my people that I cannot abide. She called us 'just electricity with half a brain', said we meant as much to the UFP as a light being turned on and off."
- Choice B:
- Captain: "Ambassador Troi, perhaps you two could clear up this misunderstanding?"
- Festive Lwaxana Troi: "What's to misunderstandl? My, for not having nerves of his own, he certainly is getting on mine."
- Choice C:
- Captain: "Well, at least we know what‘s been causing all these strange incidents."
- Doopler Emissary: "How can you be so calm, Captain!? There's some electricity monster running amok on this ship and now he's taking over people's' bodies!? Let me out of here!"
- Jen Sh'reyan: "Look, Captain, you and I both know we can't spend all day playing couples' counselor. Please get this...entity to leave us alone so we can go about our day."
- Captain Carol Freeman: "Thank you Captain. Because of your efforts, we were able to resolve the conflict between the Ambassador and the entity...although the Ambassador didn't have to make that comment about no one else knowing how it felt to be as beloved as she. But hey, at least the party was fun."