The desire to build organic vessels has not only brought Starfleet into contact with the frightening Species 8472, but with a breed of parasites native to fluidic space. But does a failed alliance leave no option but direct confrontation?
Apoptosis was a Hybrid Event which ran from 12:00 PM EST (16:00 UTC) Thursday, June 16, 2022 to 12:00 PM EST (16:00 UTC) on Monday, June 22, 2022.
The first phase functions as a Faction Event, with players completing shuttle missions for the Klingon, Federation and Terran Empire.
The second phase is in the form of a Galaxy Event.
This event offers a Special Pack that has a guaranteed drop of event featured crew if you spend 650 on the 10-pack pull.
Apoptosis is the third of 4 events in the Astrophysicist Mega Event Living Vessel.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions and event recipes.
- Crew with the Astrophysicist trait
There are 4 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
- Community (Threshold) Rewards can be obtained by communal Victory Points .
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
Phase 1, Faction Missions
Apoptosis Phase 1 ran from 12:00 PM EST (16:00 UTC) Thursday, June 16, 2022 to 12:00 PM EST (16:00 UTC) on Saturday June 20, 2022.
Phase 2, Galaxy Missions
Apoptosis Phase 2 ran from 12:00 PM EDT (16:00 UTC) Saturday, June 20, 2022 to 12:00 PM EDT (16:00 UTC) on Monday, June 22, 2022.
|Pest Control||Neutralize the astroentomological threat.||Pest Control|
|Back to the Drawing Board
Halt research into organic ships for the time being.
|Starfleet, Undercover Operative (both)||
|Astrophysicist, Human (both)||
Screen and treat all Starfleet personnel.
|Astrophysicist, Federation (both)||
|Starfleet, Cyberneticist (both)||
|Risian, Thief (both)||
Refit starships with a frequency that paralyzes parasites.
|Federation, Gambler (both)||Weapon Crafting|
|Quantum Mechanics, Innovator (both)||
|Federation, Innovator (both)||
Develop a screening method to find infected individuals.
|Federation, Civilian (both)||
|Astrophysicist, Civilian (both)||
|Exobiology, Maverick (both)||
Determine what should be done with removed parasites.
|Desperate, Scoundrel (both)||
|Maverick, Exobiology (both)||
|Prodigy, Inspiring (both)||
|Out of Fluidic Space
Compare parasites' native habitat with their chosen hosts.
|Resourceful, Federation (both)||
|Inspiring, Desperate (both)||
|Innovator, Civilian (both)||
Find a way to remove parasites that doesn't harm the host.
|Cyberneticist, Gambler (both)||Bloodwine|
|Thief, Quantum Mechanics (both)||
|Undercover Operative, Prodigy (both)||
Starfleet’s desire to build organic vessels in a similar vein as Species 8472’s bioships has brought them into direct conflict with Species 8472 itself - and the deadly parasites that have followed them into the Delta Quadrant! Though many believe a begrudging alliance might be in both sides’ favor, Species 8472 believes they can just wait out the destruction of Starfleet by the parasites, leaving the galaxy theirs for the taking! 
- Ruon Tarka: "Captain, l'm sure you've gotten pieces of the Story, but let me catch you up. We could use your help. We seem to have a bug problem. Parasites hitched a ride on researchers studying bio-ships in the Delta Quadrant and have since spread throughout Starfleet."
- Surata IV La Forge : "It's impressive how quickly they've spread, considering the environment they thrive in contains a fair amount of liquid. This explains their comfort in the human body, but it seems they're quickly adapting to Other environments - and beginning to wreak havoc on them."
- Paul Stubbs: "It's Clear they've been a thorn in Species 8472's side for a long time, but rather than being willing to work together against the parasites, they believe they can just wait until the parasites have weakened all powers in the Other quadrants, then swoop in to seize power."
- Paul Stubbs: """We can't let that happen of course. We need your help dealing with both the parasites and Species 8472!"
- Infected Tryla Scott: ""Do you really think you have a chance against us, Captain? Even if you were able to gain those bio-ship jockeys' cooperation, you would still be no match for us. We are everywhere, we are adaptable, we are unstoppable."
- Choice A:
- Captain: "That's a lot of attitude come from a little bug."
- Infected Tryla Scott: "A little bug? You mock us for our size, and yet, our ability to adapt and evolve eclipses anything humans could aspire to, even across generations."
- Choice B:
- Captain: "Why are you doing this?"
- Infected Tryla Scott: "Why do you travel through space? Terraform other worlds? You seek to spread your wings, yes? So do we. Are we truly so different?"
- Choice C:
- Captain: "Where did you come from?"
- Infected Tryla Scott: "It seems you refer to our original home as 'fluidic space'. Our first sources of sustenance included those you refer to as Species 8472, as well as their ships. But, as we suspected, following them on their journey into the Delta Quadrant yielded a wealth of new opportunities."
- Infected Tryla Scott: "Your efforts are an exercise in futility, but go ahead, take your best shot. When all is said and done, our influence will have spread galaxy-wide. We are the peak of evolution and it's time you admit defeat."
- Ruon Torka: "Nice work, Captain. Our little bug problem appears to have been neutralized. Commander Scott sends her thanks. She and the others who were infected are all in recovery."
- Surata IV La Forge: "Neutralized. While I'm glad everyone affected seems to be okay, I can't say I like the idea of neutralizing so many life forms."
- Paul Stubbs: "True. They could have provided us with a deeper understanding of the universe around us. And even if we abandon the organic vessels program, that doesn't mean we won't encounter more like them."
- Ruon Torka: "You're both showing them far more mercy than they showed us. They believed themselves superior, seeing the rest of us only as hosts, sources of shelter and sustenance. And speaking of ruthlessness, Species 8472 shows no sign of standing down. It's not time to relax just yet."