Though the parasite crisis on this side of the galaxy has been addressed, Species 8472 still seems poised to attack, to say nothing of the possibility of future infestations from fluidic space. Return peace to the galaxy once more.
Pluripotency was a Faction Event beginning Thursday, June 23, 2022 and ending Monday, June 27, 2022. Players could complete shuttle missions for Section 31, the Hirogen or the Maquis. These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
This event offered a Special Pack that had a guaranteed drop of event featured crew if you spend 650 on the 10-pack pull.
Pluripotency is the last of 4 events in the Astrophysicist Mega Event Living Vessel.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to event missions.
- Crew with the Astrophysicist trait
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
Faction mission details can be found in the Pluripotency Faction Missions page.
The parasitic threat has been addressed - in this part of the galaxy, at least. Both Species 8472 and Fluidic Space need to be treated. However, Species 8472 has not relented on their attacks. It will take clever thinking to address the last of the parasites and to send Species 8472 back!
- Hologram Barclay: "Like any pest problem, those parasites left a big mess in their wake. Trust in Starfleet higher-ups was dwindling to begin with, then to add mind-controlling parasites to the mix..."
- Disorderly Icheb: "How about the fact that Species 8472 still hasn't backed down? The Federation won't have to worry about its parasite PR problem if we've all been destroyed!"
- Hollow Data: "Indeed, Species 8472 poses our most immediate threat. But it would seem pertinent to learn more about fluidic space as well. Those parasites and Species 8472 may not be our only cause for concern stemming from that dimension."
- Hologram Barclay: "You're both right. Well, Captain, we could definitely use all hands on deck right now. Think you can help us clean up this mess?"
- Disorderly Icheb: "Great work, Captain. I don't think we'll see Species 8472 on this side of any rifts anytime soon! Nice job investigating fluidic space and dealing with any leftover parasites in the galaxy, though I think we could have just wiped them all out."
- Hollow Data: "Wiped them all out? I do not understand. Is it because they are small? Because they are parasitic?"
- Hollow Data: "How do we determine which species we handle with diplomacy and which we handle with destruction? Is that not an important matter to decide if we are seeking to create organic ships, which may only further blur the line on animate and inanimate, sentient or insentient."
- Disorderly Icheb: "...I'm sorry, Data. Maybe you're right. I threw out the idea of destroying an entire species too easily, especially considering what I've been through. It seems I still have some work on understanding how to see other lifeforms as more than just 'us' or 'them'."