The Power of Love
Q has left you on the edge of your seat, wondering if he will remove the concept of love from the universe. Have you convinced him, or will you need to expand your arguments?
The Power of Love was a Faction Event beginning Thursday, February 18, 2021 and ending Monday, February 22, 2021. Players could complete shuttle missions for the Augments, Bajorans or the Ferengi Alliance. These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to event missions.
- Crew with the Scoundrel trait
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
Faction mission details can be found in the The Power of Love Faction Missions page.
Q is utterly unimpressed by your efforts. Lwaxana Troi steps in to inform you that you’re taking an extremely narrow view of love that only results in marriage. Love does more than give you live partners and potential family; love is transformative, and inspirational, and a gateway to discovering more about yourself, others, and the universe than you ever thought possible. Work with Lwaxana to show Q how emotional attachment has served as motivation for larger cultural and scientific breakthroughs.
- Judge Q: "Your arguments in favour of love have convinced me... that humans are as puerile and small-minded as ever. Get your X's and O's in while you can, Captain."
- Festive Lwaxana Troi: "Are you surprised? You really shouldn't be. Love is so much more than the trappings of romance and marriage and children."
- Festive Lwaxana Troi: "If you want to change that man's mind, you'll need to show him that love is transformative! Love is boundless! Love is inspirational! And what we have accomplished for the love of others is worth all the heartache it might give us."
- Judge Q: "Not that it had any bearing whatsoever on me, but it's true that Khan's love for the human woman, whats-her-name... it certainly led him to do some bold things in the name of revenge."
- Festive Lwaxana Troi: "Does this mean we've convinced you? Will you stop acting like a child and admit that even your mind could use a little opening on this subject?"
- Judge Q: "Madam, you've convinced me to give you a third and final chance only. Forget the past. I don't want a historical defense. If I'm going to keep this love thing around, I want proof that it's going to help solve the galaxy's problems right here, right now. Comprendre?"