In Taste Confounds
For the second run of this event, see In Taste Confounds 2
Opportunists from across time and space are on the hunt. The prize? A Borg Queen vessel, chock full of advanced technologies... and also several inert Borg drones. Can you catch this vessel and ensure the drones survive?
In Taste Confounds was a Skirmish Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (17:00 UTC) Thursday, September 17, 2020 and ending 12:00 PM ET (17:00 UTC) Monday, September 21, 2020. Players completed groups of Space Battles to receive Victory Points, which unlocked Threshold Rewards.
This event offered a Special Pack that had a guaranteed drop of event featured crew if you spend 650 on the 10-pack pull.
Featured crew give the largest VP bonuses to skirmish battles.
All characters below give a lesser VP bonus to skirmish battles.
- Drone Seven of Nine
Increases Boarding damage by 20%
1:After 6s, Increases Boarding damage by 30%
2:After 14s, Increases Boarding damage by 60%
These ships have an additional boost to their Hull
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
A Borg Queen Ship hurtles aimlessly through space, warping from system to system, apparently unable to find what it seeks. With this ship posing no threat, fortune-seekers are hungry to capture it and make use of its advanced technologies. But when it becomes clear that there are inactive Borg drones aboard who will die if the ship is dismantled, stripping it for parts becomes a moral quandary.
- Kivas Fajo: "Captain. There is a Borg ship, a queencell, I believe it's called--I want it. I want you to help me get it."
- Smuggler Kasidy Yates: "It's been hard to pin down. It keep warping from system to system, maybe searching for the queen... but it's not a toy. It's full of valuable advanced technologies that could help a lot of people. But to stop it, we might need to damage it... and I'm not sure it's unoccupied."
- Nona: "If anyone is on it, it is Borg--and the Borg are our enemies. Mindless, faceless, killing machines. No one will mourn them. What is theirs should be ours. Then, no one can threaten us ever again."
- Smuggler Kasidy Yates: " I wasn't sure before. Now I'm sure--there are dormant Borg drones on that ship. And if we do what we need to do to capture it, we might be killing them."
- Kivas Fajo: "You say that is if it should stop me from getting what I want. Why do you people have to complicate things all the time?"
- Choice A:
- Captain: "Because we have morals, Fajo--unlike you."
- Kivas Fajo: "You've found something I've never wanted and can't imagine ever wanting. Bravo."
- Choice B:
- Captain: "Isn't there any way to save the drones first?" [Go to Yates's response at the end.]
- Choice C:
- Captain: "I have to agree with Fajo. There should be less Borg in the universe, anyway."
- Nona: "This ship was for the queen. These Borg were chosen to protect her. They should be the worst, the deadliest, the cruelest. More reason to destroy them. "
- Smuggler Kasidy Yates: "We could knock out their shields, beam over, finish the process from the inside. We'll be risking our own lives for the drones, but... it's the right thing to do. Everyone can have what they want. Isn't that worth a little more effort?"
- Nona: "What are you doing? Fire! The ship will be ours! Or are you too weak to claim what you want?"
- Kivas Fajo: "I'm not weak! I've just decided I'd rather have a finder's fee, and leave this ship... and the drones... to the Captain. Then I can get something I want more, something less... complicated."
- Smuggler Kasidy Yates: "Perhaps morals were on his wish list after all. Thank you, Captain. We'll beam aboard and find a way to save the drones before we start stripping the ship."