Flying for the Future
The Terran Empire is in possession of the Sword and intends to use it to shake the foundations of the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance! Take down the thief and recover the Sword!
Flying for the Future was a Skirmish Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, December 23, 2021 and ending 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Monday, December 27, 2021. Players completed groups of Space Battles to receive Victory Points, which unlocked Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest VP bonuses to skirmish battles.
All characters below give a lesser VP bonus to skirmish battles.
- Crew with the Cultural Figure trait
These ships have an additional boost to their Hull
(Note on threshold rewards: number of U.S.S. Yeager schematics will not display correctly here. Template is duplicating the amount for The Artifact schematics. This is a common problem for threshold rewards that contain two different schematics in the same reward tier. Correct amounts are in page source: 50, 150 and 250.)
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
Mirror Zefram Cochrane is responsible for stealing the Sword of Kahless in an attempt to use it to gain the loyalty of the Klingons of the Mirror Universe and prevent the formation of the KCA! It’s a head-to-head confrontation to recover this unforgettable piece of Klingon history!
- Mirror Zefram Cochrane: "You Federation bleeding hearts! So obsessed with ridiculous dog and pony shows like your little cultural figure festival. I suppose I should thank you for leaving an opening for a stronger faction to swoop in and snap up this rare prize. The Klingons will surely fall in line."
- Tchar: "I find it laughable that you believe a sword alone, even the fabled Sword of Kahless, will convince the Klingons to do anything for you. The Empire will certainly rain fire and violence upon you."
- Mirror Zefram Cochrane: "The Klingons will fall in line if it involves a figure from their beloved mythology. Then the Empire can avoid the Klingon-Cardassian thorn in its side."
- Lieutenant Sahil: "I want to believe his plan would never work, but regardless, we need to retrieve the Sword. I'm counting on you, Captain."
- Torchbearer Voq: "How dare you you imply our people would kowtow so readily to a human weakling such as yourself! The Sword is our artifact, but our pride as a people is our heritage."
- Mirror Zefram Cochrane: "If it's nothing more than an artifact, I guess you wouldn't care if I tossed it in a black hole?"
- Torchbearer Voq: "Insolent nIHwI', if you so much as--"
- Syrran: "I believe your anger has proven his point. Do not worry. The Captain here will certainly recover the Sword."
- Mirror Zefram Cochrane: "Well, that's a surprise. Someone from the Federation who can handle a starship. Guess you're not all soft. But really, do you think your little celebration is going to make any difference?"
- Torchbearer Voq: "We'll see how sharp that tongue is when it's inches away from the blade of a bat'leth, human. It is the Empire you have wronged and the Empire who will carry out your punishment."
- Syrran: "I shudder to imagine it. Lieutenant Sahil, I hope you do not give Cochrane's words weight. it is likely you will not see the impacts of your efforts immediately, but that does not mean they do not exist."
- Lieutenant Sahil: "Thank you, Syrran, and you as well, Captain. It was certainly an eventful experience, but the truth is it has only strengthened my gratitude for the opportunity to live alongside so many impactful people from across the galaxy."