|Site Notice - Accounts
You should now be able to login with your stt.wiki account to have it automatically imported.
A Bed of Mushrooms
Starfleet has come up with a plan to stop the spread of the tribbles without harming them via the mycelial network. But Larkin may have prepared for any attempts to thwart his beloved creations. Can you see the tribbles removed once and for all?
A Bed of Mushrooms was a Skirmish Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, August 26, 2021 and ending 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Monday, August 30, 2021. Players completed groups of Space Battles to receive Victory Points, which unlocked Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest VP bonuses to skirmish battles.
All characters below give a lesser VP bonus to skirmish battles.
- Crew with the Tribbled trait
- Crew with the Exobiology trait
These ships have an additional boost to their Hull
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
Led by Chekov, who has been serving aboard the U.S.S. Glenn and discovering the secrets of its spore drive, Starfleet’s best now have a plan to deal with the tribbles: transport and trap them all within the mycelial network! Unfortunately, it has been revealed that Larkin trained several tribbles in how to operate modified starship controls, and they have set these starships against the Federation in an effort to defend themselves. Fight off the tribble-controlled ships, transport the tribbles to the mycelial network, and save the universe from this cute but dangerous menace!
- Tribble Chekov: "The crew of the Glenn--where I've been serving--have had a breakthrough. We're going to transport the tribbles into the mycelial network. I don't know much about spore drives, but mass transport... I can do that."
- Tribble Kirk: "Excellent, Mister Chekov. Captain, we'll need you to cover the Glenn. Larkin must have had allies, in this timeline or others. We've got hostile vessels targeting the Glenn, trying to stop our plans."
- 1701 Bashir: "The strange thing is that we aren't detecting any sentient life signs aboard the ships. I'll keep trying to figure out what might be wrong with our scanners...."
- Tribble Kirk: "We've had a rather... surprising development. Although, frankly, after traveling decades through time to find myself here, still buried in tribbles, I'm not sure how anything surprise me anymore."
- 1701 Bashir: "The hostile vessels are being manned... well, I suppose, guided... by tribbles."
- Choice A:
- Captain: "What? How is that even possible?"
- no additional dialogue, go to Tribble Kirk's next line
- Choice B:
- Captain: "This is no time for jokes, Doctor Bashir!"
- 1701 Bashir: "I'm afraid it's no joke, Captain. I detect no less than double each ship's complement in fuzz."
- Choice C:
- Captain: "Edward Larkin is a deeply disturbed man."
- 1701 Bashir: "If only he could be cured, imagine what he could accomplish with a mind like that...."
- Tribble Kirk: "The ships are heavily modified, almost automated. Tribbles can only do so much... but perhaps it was the symbolism that was important to Larkin here."
- Tribble Kirk: "Chekov tells me the Glenn is very close to being ready to mass transport the tribbles into the mycelial network. We just need a little more time."
- Tribble Chekov: "We've done it! Every tribble in this timeline has been transported to the mycelial network, where I'm told they're holding up well. These spore drives are a thing of beauty. Why were they classified, again?"
- Tribble McCoy: "Hmph. Mushroom engines, tribbles driving ships... I'd like to get back to my own sensible time now, please."
- Tribble Kirk: "Isn't this why we signed up for Starfleet? To experience the fantastic? Hard to beat this little adventure... though I'll be happy if I never see another tribble again."