Secrets in the Desert 2
For the first run of this event, see Secrets in the Desert
After meeting with the Cardassians to forward a Federation trade agreement, Captain Jonathan Archer's shuttle is shot down over the desert planet, Dozaria. Help him escape, and learn more about who shot him down and why.
Secrets in the Desert 2 was a Faction Event beginning Thursday, July 9, 2020 and ending Monday, July 13, 2020. Players could complete shuttle missions for the Federation, the Cardassian Union, or Section 31. These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions.
All characters below give a bonus to faction missions.
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
After he has met with the Cardassians to forward a trade relationship with the Federation, Captain Jonathan Archer’s shuttle is mysteriously shot down over the desert planet, Dozaria. Archer finds a mining camp, where prisoners are being forced to mine dilithium. 
- Archer: "Captain! I'm glad you're not hurt. I don't know why the Cardassians would shoot us down after you and I just finished that trade deal with them. Something else is going on. Maybe we'll get some answers at that mining camp over there. Stay low, okay? We don't want to be seen."
- Archer: "Psst! Over here! Aren't you... Miles O'Brien? What are you doing working on a Dozarian mining camp?"
- O'Brien: "Yes, Captain, and with me is Ensign Tyler. I'm really glad to see you! We crash landed here some time ago, were found, and made to work in the dilithium mines. I hope you're here to get us out."
- Archer: "We'll do everything we can to get all of us out. I'll figure out if there's a way to make some sort of rescue beacon, while my friend here tries to find out more about what's going on. I have a feeling it's nothing good. Hang in there, Mr. O'Brien. We got this."
- Archer: "O'Brien, Tyler... We learned a lot. Section 31 is shooting down any nearby vessels, like yours, and ours... And forcing survivors to work in the mines. We learned that the dilithium crystals here on Dozaria are being used in replica Federation starships."
- O'Brien: "The situations they could cause in all the various timelines with those replicas! It would be chaos. And they love to use chaos to their advantage. This is serious. We have to..."
- Archer: "No. We aren't doing anything, not telling a soul. My colleague negotiated safe passage off Dozaria with Section 31 in exchange for our silence. I don't like it, either, but we stay alive. Breaking our promise will get the remaining miners killed."
- Tyler: "I appreciate everything you both have done for us, Captains, but there's just got to be a way to get the others out. There must be someone we can trust at Starfleet. Can we talk more about this? After I've had a shower, of course...."