|Site Notice - Accounts
You should now be able to login with your stt.wiki account to have it automatically imported.
A Marginal Victory
Airiam's husband, Stephen, might be the only one who can convince her to end her crusade. Join Picard and Soji to reunite them, then find a way to win the day for synthetics--even if it must happen in the margins.
A Marginal Victory was a Skirmish Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, April 29, 2020 and ending 12:00 PM ET (17:00 UTC) Monday, May 4, 2020. Players completed groups of Space Battles to receive Victory Points, which unlocked Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest VP bonuses to skirmish battles.
All characters below give a lesser VP bonus to skirmish battles.
- Crew with the Cyberneticist trait
These ships have an additional boost to their Hull
Note: As a result of an issue with the 7.5.0 update giving some players the ability to skip animations during the first day of the event, solo reward tiers were expanded.
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
Doctor Jurati learns that Airiam’s husband, Stephen, who was killed in the same shuttle crash that turned her into a synthetic, has reappeared in the present via temporal anomaly. Stephen might be the only one who can get through to Airiam and convince her that her second life as a synthetic was worth living. 
- Doctor Agnes Jurati: "Airiam became a synthetic after a shuttle accident. Her husband Stephen died in the same accident. Thanks to the same temporal anomaly that's brought me here--where, strangely, things aren't that different--has brought him back."
- Cristóbal Rios: "Stephen isn't--or wasn't--equally horrified by synthetics, I hope? If we reunite them, maybe he can talk Airiam down?"
- Fugitive Burnham: "It's a little more complicated than that. The Romulans want the synthetic ban to pass--so they've captured Stephen and spun the truth of the accident that killed him to make it look like synthetics were to blame."
- Picard and Number One: "We will rescue Stephen. Even if he thinks similarly, a reunion may well prove more important to Airiam than this misguided crusade. Captain, if you and Rios can distract the Romulans, I believe we can pull this off with a minimal amount of fuss."
- Fugitive Burnham: "We extracted Stephen and forced a reunion with Airiam. The human Airiam, that is... but now he's with my Airiam."
- Lieutenant Commander Airiam: "She's been so devoted to this cause that even getting Stephen back wasn't enough to bring her down. I wish I could disown her, but... it sounds like me. Or like a person who will one day let themselves be shot out an airlock."
- Cristóbal Rios: "Great. So what do we do now? In our time, exposing the Romulan connection to the attack on Mars was enough to unravel the movement, but we don't have any inciting incident like that here."
- Choice A:
- Captain: "I would remind you that's a good thing, Commander."
- Cristóbal Rios: "Maybe we shouldn't stop the ban at all. Maybe this is the way things are meant to happen. If you believe in that sort of thing."
- Choice B:
- Captain: "Perhaps we should fake one..."
- Picard and Number One: "Inventive, but I hardly think we have the resources to fake the deaths of millions--let alone the stomachs."
- Choice C:
- Captain: "Ask Raffi. She started all this with her needless meddling."
- Lieutenant Commander Airiam: "If Raffi could unintentionally jumpstart an entire anti-synthetic movement via Discovery's service logs, I know she can find a way to end one without blowing up Mars. You'll just need to keep the Romulans busy until she does..."
- Raffi Musiker: "I'm never going to apologize for speaking truth... but know that I certainly didn't want this to happen. I'm mostly speaking to you, Airiam."
- Lieutenant Commander Airiam: "It's all right, Raffi. I'm not ashamed of my record, or the Discovery's. And it's brought Stephen back... he wants to make a life with me, as I am now. He says I'm more human than my past self is, anymore."
- Soji: "All of our hard work added up, and Raffi pushed it over the edge by exposing everything about the Romulans. The Admonition, the Zhat Vash, the attack on Mars... the synthetic ban is dead in the water. We're free to live--at least, until a temporal anomaly zaps us away again."
- Picard and Number One: "To have averted disaster in our own time was surprising enough. To have averted it again here... I believe it is a sign that we are in the right, that synthetics have an important part to play in the future of the Federation. I hope I stick around long enough to see what it is."