When Giants Walk
Mythical beasts out of Klingon legends are striding across Qo'noS once more, leaving destruction in their wake. Many Klingons see this as a sign that their empire is about to fall, unless someone can stop these rampaging monsters.
When Giants Walk is a Faction Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, July 13, 2017 and ending 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Monday, July 17, 2017. Players can complete shuttle missions for the Hirogen, the Klingon Empire, and Section 31 . These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions.
All characters below give a lesser bonus to faction missions.
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
Monsters and legends from ancient Klingon myths walk the land once more, and many see their reappearance (along with the continued absence of Chancellor Martok) as an omen that the Klingon Empire is in its final days. Unwilling to let these fears become reality, Ambassador K’Ehleyr needs help returning these legends to the songs and stories where they belong, although each faction has its own ideas of how best to handle this crisis. 
- Ambassador K'Ehleyr: "First Martok disappears, now monsters are stalking through the streets...no wonder people are saying these are the last days of the Empire. We need to get this situation under control."
- Liaison Torres: "I can't say I approve of Section 31 any more than Ambassador K'Ehleyr does, but they do act decisively, which is more than you can say for the Federation right now. They'll help us keep the average Klingon from going on a final rampage or engaging in ritualistic suicide."
- Klaa: "Deception, damage control–are we humans or Klingons? Why cower before these creatures when glory is staring us in the face? I will be leading a hunt with the Hirogen, and anyone with the heart of a warrior is welcome to fight alongside us!"
- Alexander: "We can't just hunt these creatures–some of them used to be people! My father and others are...mutating. Somehow they're degenerating into monsters. Being augmented was my choice, but they didn't choose this transformation. They deserve a cure. I owe my father that much."
- Alexander: "Without the monsters we rounded up to study, we would never have found a cure for this mutation. My father's complaining that his forehead still doesn't look right, but thanks to them, and to you, he and the others are mostly back to normal."
- Alexander: "When I first met the Augments, they explained some of the principles of behind augmentation to me, but what happened to my father and the others seems...different. I wonder if it has anything to do with Martok's disappearance."
- Alexander: "I've heard Klingon Intelligence might have a lead on Martok's location. He did me a great honor, once, and I've offered to help them investigate. If we find anything, I'll make sure that they contact you."