The Big Sting
Iotian mobsters have pulled off the heist of the century, and now it's up to their victims to get their money back. Join the galaxy's slickest investigators in the race to reclaim their clients' dough!
The Big Sting is a Faction Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, April 20, 2017 and ending 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Monday, April 24, 2017. Players can complete shuttle missions for the Bajoran, Maquis, and Romulan Star Empire. These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions.
All characters below give a lesser bonus to faction missions.
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
The Bank of Bolias has been robbed (again) in the biggest heist of any known timeline, leaving its vaults empty and its clients frantic. These clients have hired some of the sharpest investigators and toughest muscle in the galaxy to get their money back from the gangster-like Iotians, who are more than ready to put up a fight. The Bajorans are willing to negotiate, but the Maquis are already planning a heist of their own, and the Romulans won’t hesitate to use force to get back what’s theirs. 
- Detective Dixon Hill: "I don't know how they pulled it off, but the Iotians just robbed the bank of Bolias and the bank's clients want their money back–now. The Bajorans hired me to negotiate with the thieves, but apparently I'm not the only pair of eyes on this case..."
- Gangster Kirk: "I've met these Iotians. They're not the talking type. Negotiate all you want, but I'll be getting the Maquis' money back by beating these thieves at their own game. After all, it's not stealing to take back something that wasn't theirs in the first place, is it?"
- Anastasia Komananov: "These negotiations and knockovers sound most entertaining, but I have a job to do. A colonel never disappoints her superiors–especially not the Romulan ones. I will get their money back no matter how many of these gangsters' arms I have to twist to find it."
- Detective Dixon Hill (Bajoran Victory): "The last time I was in a negotiation that tense, Cyrus Redblock nearly shot me. Thank goodness it's over. Mobsters don't like forking over cold, hard cash, but we convinced them that making enemies of half the quadrant would cost them all that dough and then some."
- Detective Dixon Hill: "I couldn't have solved that case without your help. I say we both deserve a chance to sit back, put our feet up, and take a holiday. Maybe somewhere warm and sunny...I've had enough of San Francisco and its rain."