Father of Logic
The Vulcan philospher Surak's katra has returned separate from his body, filling every Vulcan on their homeworld with shattered memories. Reunite the pieces of Surak's katra with Surak's body before they drive their bearers mad!
Father of Logic is a Faction Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, April 5, 2018 and ending 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Monday, April 9, 2018. Players can complete shuttle missions for the Federation. These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions.
All characters below give a lesser bonus to faction missions.
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
Ever since the temporal anomaly crisis began bringing people out of history and into the present day, many Vulcans have awaited the return of Surak, father of Vulcan civilization as the Federation knows it. Surak has not returned in physical form, but somehow his katra has. It is fragmented, causing a storm of visions from Surak’s life to appear in the minds of Vulcans across their homeworld. Help them piece together the shards of this dangerously shattered katra as the planet Vulcan undergoes its own reawakening. 
- Amanda Grayson: "I assume you've heard of Surak, Captain: the first Vulcan to choose logic over emotion. Ever since these temporal anomalies began, my husband's people have wondered whether Surak would return to them. Well, he has. But not in the way they'd hoped."
- Amanda Grayson: "Somehow his katra, his spirit, has returned in pieces. Even with training, it's not easy to carry someone else's spirit inside your own, but now almost every Vulcan on the homeworld is living with a piece of Surak's shattered katra inside of them."
- Amanda Grayson: "These fragmented memories are driving the Vulcans to madness. My human mind is still my own, but we must reunite Surak's katra with his body quickly if we are to save the Vulcan people."
- Surak: "I understand that you are responsible for reuniting my mind and body. For this, I thank you. It is a remarkable thing to stand on Vulcan once more. Remarkable... and alien."
- Surak: "I never intended that my Kir'Shara writings, as they've been called, would be taken so literally. The V'tosh ka'tur, while also misinterpreting several passages, are correct in that I meant to counsel mindfulness of emotion, not complete elimination."
- Surak: "I feel a great weight at having led my people so astray, and further divorced us from our ancestral brothers, the Romulans. I will right this wrong. I will reunite the Vulcans and Romulans, and thus logic and emotion. I hope you will help, Captain, as you have helped today."