A rogue cell of Augments, led by former Angosian soldier Roga Danar, decides to speed up progress in taking over the Alpha Quadrant. They've launched an attack on Deep Space Nine. Engage Roga's ships and keep them from reaching the station!
Catching Fire is the first Skirmish Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, April 31, 2018 and ending 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Monday, June 4, 2018. Players can complete groups of Space Battles to receive Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest VP bonuses to skirmish battles.
All characters below give a lesser VP bonus to skirmish battles.
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
Impatient with Khan’s measured progress in taking over the Alpha Quadrant, a rogue group of Augments decide to defy their leader and make a bold attack on the Federation, specifically targeting Deep Space Nine! As Bashir works to infiltrate the Augment splinter group--led by Roga Danar, an Angosian genetically engineered for war--and Sisko fights to defend the station, can you route an Augment fleet that has surrounded the area? 
- Enemy Lines Sisko: "Captain, a group of rogue Augments is repeatedly attempting to board Deep Space Nine, with the intent of taking it over, though we're certainly intent on keeping them out."
- Enemy Lines Sisko: "Their leader is apparently a genetically-enhanced Angosian soldier by the name of Roga Danar. The man has a history of using his superior strength to force change and it appears he wants to accelerate Khan's conquest in the Alpha Quadrant–starting with us."
- Young Khan: "I do admire the boy's spirit, but he is so unnecessarily rash. My elder self has his hands full tending to the Augment community at large. It seems I shall have to be the one to teach the boy some discipline."
- Enemy Lines Sisko: "Danar's men are intent on their attempts to enter Deep Space Nine. We can hold them back from within, Captain. Your services are needed with Khan's fleet of ships. Deflect him from out there."
- Enemy Lines Sisko: "Thanks for taking some of the heat off us, Captain. With the reduced attempts to board, we've managed to keep them at bay, for now at least. But our shields and other defensive systems are heavily damaged."
- Enemy Lines Sisko: "As you can see, we can't afford complacency. I've opened a secure comm channel to my chief medical officer, Doctor Bashir. He's currently undercover within the rebel Augment cell and might be able to give you some insight into what things look like on the inside."
- Choice A
- Captain: "How are you holding up, Doctor Bashir?"
- Bell Riots Bashir: "As long as I can maintain my cover, I'll be just fine. However, pretending to be an Augment is harder than it looks. I think I've truly underestimated what is meant when others describe them as 'superhuman.'"
- Choice B
- Captain: "How do we stop them?"
- Bell Riots Bashir: "These Augments truly are 'superhuman' in every sense of the word. Your best chance, Captain, is to engage them in ship-to-ship combat. Take them out before they can even get close to Deep Space Nine."
- Choice C
- Captain: "Any chance that Roga will withdraw?"
- Bell Riots Bashir: "Not a chance. He's got something to prove and he seems fixated on the idea that taking Deep Space Nine will be the perfect show of force, both for the Federation and any other Augments who might question his authority."
- Bell Riots Bashir: "Let Commander Sisko handle the direct defense of Deep Space Nine, Captain. The best possible thing you could do to put an end to this threat is to take out Roga's flagship, the Reliant. Take it down, and the rest of this offensive will fall to pieces."
- Bell Riots Bashir: "Time is short for me, Captain. Things are rather tense on this end. I do have some good news, though: Danar has decided to give up his assault on Deep Space Nine for the time being. Who knows how long that will be..."
- Enemy Lines Sisko: "Roga Danar. A man 'programmed' for combat–quite literally. I share Julian's sentiments. Who knows how much time we have before he chooses to resume his assault? After all, he's only carrying out what he was programmed to do. Conquer. Overrun. Destroy that which he cannot."
- Enemy Lines Sisko: "In the end, perhaps that is what is most sinister about the idea of genetic augmentation. Who knows how much, if any of this, is Danar's choice...or if free will is something that even exists for him anymore?"