We Who Are To Die
On a planet caught in the time of Earth's Roman Empire, gladiators are forced to compete for a huge store of raw dilithium. But who will be the victors?
We Who Are To Die is a Faction Event beginning 12:00 PM EDT (17:00 UTC) Thursday, Janaury 18, 2018 and ending 12:00 PM EDT (17:00 UTC) Monday, January 22, 2018. Players can complete shuttle missions for the Maquis, Klingon Empire, and Hirogen. These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions.
All characters below give a lesser bonus to faction missions.
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
On the planet 892-IV, where cultural development has been frozen in the time of Earth’s Roman Empire, a temporal anomaly has deposited a huge store of raw dilithium. Rather than give or sell this valuable element to the many interested parties across the galaxy, local authorities insist on making them fight for it in their gladiatorial ring. Three Starfleet officers have volunteered, though each has a different idea of whom the Federation should choose as their allies in this contest, and whether it’s better to win, or simply to survive. 
- Duelist Yar: "Planet 892-IV, a perfect recreation of Earth's Roman Empire. I read about this place at the academy, but I didn't believe it until I saw it. An anomaly's deposited a huge amount of raw dilithium there. But their senate's not content to sell it--they want us to fight over it."
- Duelist Yar: "I'm willing to do my part on behalf of Starfleet. But not everyone's suited to combat. Luckily, the Klingons are, and they'll fight fair. We should accept their help in the arena."
- Gladiator McCoy: "Normally I'd say to hell with these bloodthirsty savages. But dilithium's in short supply, not just in Starfleet. Federation citizens need it too. The Maquis are willing to fight for the dilithium and make sure it goes to the right places."
- Tsunkatse Seven: "How the dilithium will be distributed is not immediately relevant. First it must be acquired. The Maquis are ill-equipped to win such a contest. The Hirogen, while brutalistic, are our most likely path to victory."
- Gladiator McCoy: "Gotta catch my breath... I'm a doctor, not a damn sideshow attraction... missing... missing the days when we were just explorers."
- Gladiator McCoy: "We won the dilithium, but it was too close for my comfort. I've got a lot of injured Maquis to look after. And you've got to make sure the Federation holds up their end and gives the Maquis their fair share. They deserve it."