For the second run of this event, see Shore Leave 2
With so many tourists wanting to unwind from the stress of the temporal anomaly crisis, some of the quadrant's more controversial factions have decided to create destination spots of their own. Which would you rather visit on your next shore leave?
Shore Leave is a Faction Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, March 16, 2017 and ending 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Monday, March 20, 2017. Players can complete shuttle missions for the Cardassian Union, Romulan Star Empire, or the Augments. These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions.
All characters below give a bonus to faction missions.
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
Even Risa’s legendary resorts can’t keep up with countless timelines’ worth of citizens looking to unwind during the temporal anomaly crisis. This is the perfect opportunity for some of the galaxy’s more infamous factions to establish destination spots of their own, cleaning up their reputations while making the most of tourists’ wallets. As straight-laced as they are, though, they’ll need help convincing tourists to give them the benefit of the doubt, and convincing their own citizens that it’s okay to relax once in awhile. 
- Elim Garak: "I have it on good authority that Risa has been so flooded with tourists from one timeline or another that they've started turning people away. We live in stressful times, Captain, and I'm sure you appreciate the benefits of shore leave. That's why I have a proposal for you."
- Elim Garak: "Rather than leave these tourists with nowhere to go, my people want to build a destination spot of our own. It would be a chance to prove that we're not the villains everyone so eagerly sees us as. The Romulans and the Augments seem to have had the same idea."
- Elim Garak: "The Romulans want to offer a more austere vacation alternative, and the Augments are certainly creative...but just between us, my people and our competitors have different ideas of...festivities than the Federation does. They may need some help to, ah, lighten up."