A Logical Reaction
Tensions are rising between the Federation, the Klingon Empire, and the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance as old grudges from the Discovery's era resurface. Stop this growing conflict before it ignites into all-out war!
A Logical Reaction is a Faction Event beginning 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Thursday, October 26, 2017 and ending 12:00 PM ET (16:00 UTC) Monday, October 30, 2017. Players can complete shuttle missions for the Federation, Klingon-Cardassian Alliance, and Klingon Empire. These missions will drop Victory Points, which unlock Threshold Rewards.
Featured crew give the largest bonuses to faction missions.
All characters below give a lesser bonus to faction missions.
There are 3 sets of rewards given in the event.
- Solo Ranked Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your rank in the overall event. These are the top-tier prizes.
- Squadron (Ranked) Rewards which are given at the end of the event based on your squadron's rank in the overall event.
- Solo Threshold Rewards which are acquired at each level of displayed Victory Points .
The crews of the Shenzhou and the Discovery have thus far been unable to shed much light on their own time, having been plucked from the beginning of their respective voyages. A younger Sarek arrives to warn Starfleet that the galactic politics of the era both ships hail from could spell disaster here in the present, where so many stand to profit from a return to the conflicts of the past. Intertwined plots are escalating conflict between the Federation, the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance, and the Klingon Empire. Unless you can unravel them, the Alpha Quadrant may soon be plunged into war. 
- Young Sarek: "The time that I once called the present was a time of great turmoil, a turning point between Starfleet and the Klingon Empire. Ever since the Discovery and the Shenzhou arrived here, I believe someone has been trying to reignite those old conflicts."
- Young Sarek: "A damaged Starfleet ship has supposedly been raiding the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance's borders, while someone claiming to be their Regent Worf has attacked the Klingon Empire. The Empire's own Defense Forces have been accused of striking Federation outposts."
- Young Sarek: "All of these powers, Starfleet included, deny any involvement in the recent attacks. One such denial would be suspicious, but three cannot be coincidence. This is a pattern, and if we do not find out who is behind it, the galaxy will soon be plunged into war."
- Regent Worf: "Thanks to your assistance, the imposter using my name has been captured. I owe you a debt, Captain. Perhaps the same person who hired that imposter was behind the mercenaries that attacked us wearing Starfleet colors."
- Regent Worf: "Whoever caused this chaos wanted all of us at each other's throats, no matter what lies it took, no matter which of us survived. They are still out there, somewhere, this devious new enemy of ours. I suggest you watch your back."
- T'Kuvma: "Enjoy the peace treaties you hold with this Klingon-Cardassian Alliance and the so-called Klingon Empire, but know that my crew will not answer to them. We do not bow to any corrupted High Council or tie ourselves to Cardassian schemes."
- T'Kuvma: "We follow the ways of our ancestors, and their ways alone. Should the Federation mistake our solitude for weakness, know this. Those who test us will learn just how deadly a true Klingon can be."