DropTest Error 1
Hiho, and welcome to the Wiki!
Note I had to undo your changes to Template:DropTest/A Father Figure/1 due to an "Error 1", meaning there was something wrong with your numbers. You added 3 runs, which need to yield 12 items, as this mission returns 4 items per run. However, you listed only 11 items (1+0+0+2+8).
If this is a typo and you still have the data, feel free to re-enter your corrected data. If one of your runs really did return only 3 items (due to a rare drop, wrong path, or a failed node), you can still re-enter the remaining runs. Cheers! --Crunch (talk) 18:50, 27 August 2016 (CDT)
Hello, I have noticed that you do a lot of micro edits to drop test results. For example, the first page of history for The Prodigal Son is currently almost entirely you with many edits per day. This many micro edits makes it very difficult to review a page's history. You might also read this small section in the Drop Test documentation about micro editing Drop Test info and why it isn't recommended. If it helps, I created a spreadsheet to help keep track of drop results so that you can track them over a given period of time and then update the wiki at all once rather than bit by bit. Personally, I won't add fewer than 20 runs at a time except in cases where I don't think I'll run that mission again for a long time, but that's just me. Anyways, keep it up. Drop Test are one of the most neglected areas of the wiki (aside from a few of the most popular missions) and need the attention. --Darxide (talk) 14:00, 11 December 2016 (CST)
Drop Table Updates
Hey, heads up. When you change a drop table you need to go to the items that were changed and check that the DropTest tables are still ok. When you delete an item from a mission drop table it screws up the DropTest every time, and if items change place on the table it will also screw things up. Updating all of these is going to be a TON of manual work. --Darxide (talk) 20:52, 16 March 2017 (CDT)
- I got your message. Thank you! And by the way, I wasn't trying to suggest you do all the work yourself, but anything you can do will help. I was going to take a look tonight and work on some as well. Also, to message someone on the Wiki you just go to their talk page and edit it. Just add a new section at the bottom and type your message. You can quickly get to mine by clicking the Talk link in my signature at the end. Be sure to sign your messages with four tildes, like this: ~~~~ --Darxide (talk) 08:56, 17 March 2017 (CDT)
I just changed that block to be only a user block, not IP block. Sorry for the inconvenience, talk 12:07, 27 April 2017 (CDT)
- Sorry, should be fixed now. Was an issue with the way ip blocks were happing. They were blocking cloud flare edge servers, which was causing your issue. Please let me know if its working. Also, please remember to sign your posts on talk pages using
~~~~. Have a good night, talk 00:28, 29 April 2017 (CDT)
Mission Names (Episode/Distress Calls)
Hey Joker41NAM, when you enter a new item recipe, if there are only two or three components then you will need to clear out the blank templates that aren't used. Otherwise it shows up as a broken item on the item's page. I've already fixed Keyla Detmer's Uniform and Keyla Detmer's Ocular Implant. Thanks! --Darxide (talk) 15:11, 9 May 2019 (CDT)
- Sorry about that. I realized that on the later builds, but forgot to go back and fix the lower-levels. Joker41NAM (talk) 09:20, 10 May 2019 (CDT)
- Hello again. I was just going over Science Officer Spock's Phaser and see that you completely omitted the Passive Ship Stat Bonuses. If you fill in the info for the item, but somehow miss the bonuses, please make sure you leave them as "Unknown" rather than "None". I will be checking Science Officer Spock's Tricorder soon as well. --Darxide (talk) 21:16, 27 May 2019 (CDT)
- If in doubt, you can look at my user page and scroll all the way to the bottom. There is an Item Template down there that you can use in order to ensure that you don't miss certain entries. --Darxide (talk) 21:21, 27 May 2019 (CDT)